Do you want to join us in Mildura in November 2023?
Launched in 2014, the Australian Alternative Varieties Wine Show Fellowship invites applications from wine professionals and knowledgeable enthusiasts who are excited by the opportunity to explore and celebrate Australia’s alternative varieties and share that new found fervour with their networks and industry groups. Next year expression of interest details will be lodged early in 2023.
The AAVWS Fellowship is sponsored by Amsat Oak and in 2022 includes the following:
Return travel to Mildura from Wednesday 2nd November to Sunday 6th November 2022.
Breakfast and dinner each day.
Accommodation at Quality Hotel Mildura Grand Hotel.
Free access to all events including:
- Tour of region hosted by Mildura Regional Development – Thursday 3 November
- AAVWS feature Dinner – Thursday 3 November
- Visit to AAVWS show judging venue for trophy judging – Friday 4 November
- Tour of Italian variety vineyard – Friday 4 November
- AAVWS Talk and Taste – Friday 4 November
- AAVWS Show Tasting – Saturday 5 November
- AAVWS Awards Long Lunch – Saturday 5 November
2022 AAVWS Fellow – Alexandra Prichard
There was no fellowship awarded in 2020 & 2021 – we don’t need to tell you why!
2019 AAVWS Fellow – Grant Scicluna
Read about Grant here
2018 AAVWS Fellow – Simone Madden-Grey
Read about Simone here
Read about Simone’s experience in Mildura here
2017 AAVWS Fellow – Katie Spain
Read about Katie here
Read about Katie’s experience in Mildura here
2016 AAVWS Fellow – James Scarcebrook
2015 AAVWS Fellow – Adam Walls
Read Adam’s Post-Show blog here to see why he gave an A+ to the AAVWS
2014 inaugural AAVWS Fellow – Sarah Limacher
Want to know more? Click here to read all about her.
Want to hear about her experience? Click here to see what she thought about her visit to the AAVWS and Mildura.